Saturday, September 6, 2014

Down, but not out!

Arrived in El Salvador like 3hrs late. Totally missed my connecting flight to Bogota. The good news is, they rescheduled me to fly direct to Medellin from El Salvador. I don't leave until 9pm (the time I was supposed to arrive in Medellin), but it's one less flight, one less transfer, and a shorter flight. Plus I'm in the Avianca VIP lounge (VIP has a totally different meaning here) eating a free lunch and enjoying decent wifi. No big deal. The way they handled everything was great. I still haven't had any communication with Bill. I do have everything I need though to make it to and get into our apartment. Good thing I spent two months brushing up on my espanol.

There's heavily armed policies everywhere with drug dogs. One had a cute yellow lab  I totally wanted to pet but decided that probably wasn't one of my best ideas.

I can't tell if this food is really fucking good or just not almonds, energy bars and alcohol, what I've subsisted on since 4am.

3 comments: